The laser diode is the basic part for modules and pointers. There are all kinds of laser diodes with different wavelength and power. The prices are for wholesale only. Contact us by email@example.com if you need them.
1) Nichia 200mW 405nm Laser Diode, NDV4542, made in Japan, 39USD . More details here about NDV4542
2) 405nm 350mW CW 150mW laser diode, 35USD/pcs, Sony SLD3237VFR Pomax 350mW .
3) SONY 20mW 405nm laser diode, SLD3134VL, laser LD with PD, 8.8USD/pcs
2) 450nm 445nm 1W laser diode with low price and high quality.
1) sanyo 70mW LD DL-7147-201B, 8.9USD/pcs
2) Panasonic Pomax 340mW 660nm/780nm dual-wavelength ceramic laser diode, 4.8USD/pcs
1) ROHM 10mW 780nm laser diode, 0.79USD/pcs
1) C-mount Package 500mW, 9.8USD/pcs
2) T056(9MM) 808nm 500mW laser diode, 18.7 USD/pcs
Laser Diode Driver
The 2W laser diode is a laser diode ( laser LD, laser LED) with 2000mW 2W output power. Normally the output power is from 1600mW - 2400mW. There are many brands for these 2w laser diode, such as : Sony,SANYO,Mitsubishi,OSRAM, Nichia,ROHM, and the most popular is Nichia NDB7875-E 9mm 2w blue laser diode. BeamQ sells most of the 2w laser diodes, you can find them here. However if you want to get 2w laser diode from eBay, you will find that many of them are 2w laser modules , not diodes.
A laser diode is a laser where the active medium is a semiconductor, similar to that found in a light-emitting diode. The most common laser diode is formed from a p-n junction. It's powered by injected electric current. The former devices are sometimes referred to as injection laser diodes, to distinguish them from optically pumped laser diodes.
Double heterostructure lasers,a layer of low bandgap material is sandwiched between two high bandgap layers.